San Mateo County Libraries
San Mateo County Libraries is a Joint Powers Authority that comprises the cities of Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Millbrae, North Fair Oaks, Pacifica, Portola Valley, San Carlos, Woodside, and the unincorporated areas of San Mateo County.
San Mateo County Libraries strengthen our community by creating an inclusive sense of place and environment for learning.
San Mateo County Libraries ignite growth through transformative experiences.
We cultivate an active presence and create space that support discovery, enrich lives and uplift the community.
- Build and update facilities to create inviting and flexible spaces
- Spot opportunities to deliver services beyond buildings
- Deliver an easily accessible and rich online experience
We are leaders in establishing a foundation for early literacy and supporting exploration and growth at every stage of life.
- Engage children and families in high quality, research-based learning experiences
- Bridge the digital divide by building skills and providing access to technology
- Develop creative programs and services that have measurable results
- Grow a culture of learning and participation
We understand community needs and promote meaningful library services as solutions.
- Understand and align with community goals
- Communicate an inspiring vision and the library’s story of impact
- Cultivate library champions who reflect the dynamic environment
- Employ resources in new ways to ensure equitable access