Ways to Give 2022
Ways to Support the Foundation
There are so many ways to give and support the Foundation for San Mateo County Libraries. No matter how and what you give, it makes a difference in our community!
Ways To Give
- Donate By Mail
Feel free to send checks to the administration office of San Mateo County Libraries where the Foundation is located. You can note in the memo if you are giving to a specific library or leave blank to let us give where it is needed the most.
Send your check to:
Foundation for San Mateo County Libraries
125 Lessingia Court
San Mateo, CA 94402
- Donate Online: Investinsmcl.org/donate
We partner with Givebutter for a few ways to give. Text FSMCL to 53555
- Paypal or Venmo
We are a verified charity with Paypal and you can find us on Venmo with @FSMCL
Other Ways to Give
- Tribute Gifts
- Honorary Gifts. Make an honorary gift to recognize a birthday, graduation, anniversary, other special occasions, or to make a memorial gift in your loved one’s name. Notifications will be sent to the honoree/designated person when information is provided. See example of email notification. The name of the honoree/memorial will also be listed in our annual gratitude report.
- Tribute Page. Would you like to set up a dedicated page for your loved one? Contact us at email@example.com and we can create a dedicated landing page with a photo and a little bit about them. The link will be shared with you. Notifications will be provided to you at agreed upon time.
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
Make a gift through your Donor Advised Fund. Contact your fund advisor and provide our Tax Id number: 83-1472500. If your fund is with Scwab, Fidelity, or BNT Mellon, visit this link: Ways to Give . Then, choose the location of your fund and you can complete the process.
The 1912 Society recognizes donors who have committed to make a planned gift or an annual lifetime gift to the Foundation for San Mateo County Libraries. These gifts demonstrate a unique and enduring commitment to the Libraries mission and provide benefits and security for generations yet to come.
- Planned Giving
Make a charitable bequest – a gift through a provision in your will or in a trust with provisions that can be altered or canceled in your estate plan or designate the Foundation to receive some or all the value remaining at the end of your life in connection with a financial account, investment, or similar arrangement.
- Amazon Smile– Start your Amazon shopping by heading to AmazonSmile first, log in and start shopping.
- Create/Host a Fundraiser. Join us in raising funds for the Foundation. You create a fundraiser and help us to support the programs and services of San Mateo County Libraries.
- Host a small event in your home to share about the Foundation and the libraries
- Host a birthday/holiday fundraiser using GiveButter or Facebook
- Host a bookmark stand (see right)
If you need materials on the Foundation, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss your needs.
- Volunteer as a board member. Are you willing to fight for the foundation long-term? Board members serve a three-year term and help create and implement the strategic vision of the Foundation. Complete Interest Form
- Volunteer as a committee member. Have a special skill? Join our Finance, Marketing, or Engagement (fundraising) committees! Jumpstart your involvement and help grow the organization. Virtual Zoom Meetings are held just once a month, typically at lunch or in the evening. Interested, contact email@example.com.