Home is Where the Heart is 2022 – Taste and Smell
This week, take the time to taste and smell your way to warmth. Make something that smells delicious or try out a new recipe. Below you will find some activities, a library resource and some book suggestions that are sure to give you some ideas to inspire a sense of home.
- Learn how to make Masala Chai tea with our Honorary event chair, Hetal Vasavada. Watch her recording from the libraries last December: https://youtu.be/JD84EGqXbO8
- Learn how to create Birthday Cookies: How To Make Christina Tosi’s Birthday Cookies – YouTube
- Prepare cocktails and mocktails for a relaxing evening: Cocktails and Mocktails with Laura Stec – YouTube
Library Resource Highlight
Get crafting with Creativebug! You can choose from 5000+ online classes taught by crafting artists and ranging on subjects from painting and drawing to canning and preserving. You can take classes, get inspiration, and participate in the daily practice series. If you have the time, check out Creativebug Television (CBTV), where you can get a behind the scenes look at some of the artists featured on Creativebug. Requires library card number that starts with “29041” library card. Start here: https://www.creativebug.com/lib/smcl
Craft idea: Make Valentine’s Day Painted chocolates or an herbal infused body oil:
- Scandikitchen, The essence of Hygee by Bronte Aurell.
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerine Ann Worwood. Over 800 Natural, Nontoxic, and Fragrant Recipes to Create Health, Beauty, and Safe Home and Work Environments
For the kids
DIY scratch and sniff bookmark: https://www.diys.com/scratch-and-sniff-bookmarks/
Haven’t registered yet?
Each week, all registered guests will receive weekly recommendations including books, activities, library resources and something for the kids. It will also include a link for that week’s prize drawing. Register early for the most chances to enter every week and win a great prize provided by one of our in-kind donors.
While you wait for the event, please take a look at the silent auction items available to you. These items will support the overall event. The auction is live through February 6.
Thank you to our honorary event committee:
Thank you to our sponsors