Home is Where the Heart is 2022 – Create A Relaxing Habit
This week, create or enjoy a relaxing habit that increases your tactile senses. Below you will find some activities, a library resource and some book suggestions that are sure to spark your creative bug.
- Learn more about California native gardening with UC Master Gardeners. California Native Gardening – YouTube
- Visit Woodside Library Native Plant Garden: Pacific Horticulture | The Woodside Library Native Plant Garden
- Creativebug: https://www.creativebug.com/lib/smcl
Library Resource Highlight
A constantly growing library of more than 8,500 courses in streaming video format with 40-60 new courses added weekly. Subjects covered range from 3D + Animation, Audio, Business including Office and Google software, Design, Developer, Photography and Video, and Web and Social Media. Courses are available for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced learning tracks. Learn more: Lynda.com Is Upgrading to LinkedIn Learning! | San Mateo County Libraries (smcl.org)
- Hygge Knits: Nordic and Fair Isle Sweaters, Scarves, Hats, and More to Keep You Cozy by Nicki Trench
- DIY Beauty: Easy, All-natural Recipes Based on Your Favorites From Lush, Kiehl’s, Burt’s Bees, Bumble and Bumble, Laura Mercier, and More! By Ina De Clercq
For the Kids
- Learn how to create origami shapes. All you need is paper and something to write with.
Haven’t registered yet?
Each week, all registered guests will receive weekly recommendations including books, activities, library resources and something for the kids. It will also include a link for that week’s prize drawing. Register early for the most chances to enter every week and win a great prize provided by one of our in-kind donors.
While you wait for the event, please take a look at the silent auction items available to you. These items will support the overall event. The auction is live through February 6.
Thank you to our honorary event committee:
Thank you to our sponsors